Monday, March 4, 2013

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure

not my picture
First of all, although I am a bit of a makeup junkie, I have never really been a fan of primer. I have tried all different kinds including the super raved about Smashbox primers (multiple times), yet I have never found one that does its job, or doesn't break my skin out, or send my eyeliner melting down my face by the end of the day, cough cough Primed and Poreless Pure, cough. I thought, you know, the only product I am really missing in my makeup regimen is a good primer so why not buy one. After researching endlessly I decided upon the Too Faced primer above because I have an issue with breaking out from primers and their lovely ingredients and this one specifically is targeted for acne prone skin.
I used this over my moisturizer and under my makeup and I do have to say that I loved the texture because  it went on very similarly to the siliconey Smashbox primers, yet it didn't ball off and pill up, YAY, I thought! I really did want to love this primer but the positives basically end there. It did live up to the fact that it didn't break me out, however, by the end of day 1, my winged out eyeliner was smudged, along with my mascara under my eyes, and there was also no significant difference in the overall look of my makeup. I used this for several more days changing up other items to try and give it every chance possible without any luck. After discontinuing use, my eye makeup magically went back to staying put for hours at a time, interesting. I actually couldn't even take a picture of the product myself because I returned it so quickly and didn't get the chance. I am not one to really return products, I mean you never know when that lime green sparkle eyeliner will come in handy (St. Patrick's Day anyone?), however at $30.00 a pop for this sub par product, I was not ready to allow it to take up space in my makeup bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment