Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's a 10 Silk Express

Let me start off by saying I have very thick hair, when it's tamed it looks amazing but it takes a lot of good products and styling to be beautified. This set was suggested to me by one of my hair dresser friends and let me tell you it is simply amazing. The smell of these products is so refreshing, a little more perfumy than other hair products but still wonderful at the same time. The smell doesn't overpower after the hair is styled but it is still there in the end. The set came with three different products; miracle silk shampoo, miracle silk conditioner and miracle silk smoothing balm.

Shampoo
When packages say rinse and repeat, I am actually one of those people that rinses and repeats. Someone once told me that the first wash is to clean your hair and the second one is for shine, and even though it might be an old wives tale I live true to that saying. I find that the first wash with this is somewhat lathering but the second wash over really lathers up. Even after just using the shampoo my hair seems detangled and more smooth.

Conditioner
I think that when you use a great conditioner you will know from the second you put it on your hair. This conditioner is one of those. the package says to leave one 2 to 5 minutes so I do it typically for 4 or 5. This stuff is great, as I said before it not only smells amazing, but it realllllllly smooths the hair. There is a noticeable difference in the texture of my hair when i use this stuff. WONDERFUL.

Smoothing Balm
The package says it does 10 things instantly, in short, it basically claims to cut down drying time detangle hair, protect from heat and tame . I didn't notice a big difference in drying time as compared with other products but as far as the other things it claims to do, this one is a winner. The texture of this formula is not like other smoothing balms, it is more of a gel which I loved because it didn't weigh my hair down and really seemed to add volume while taking care of frizz and other problems. As far as thermal protection goes it seems to be working quite well, seeing as I straighten my hair on 450 degrees regularly and have yet to see damage thus far.

Even though these are three separate products I really think they work extremely well together and make a significant difference in hair look and texture. Running in at about 20 dollars each, these products aren't exactly cheap but in my opinion they are well worth the money.


The picture below is not completely styled but it can give you an idea about the amount of shine this stuff adds.
The result: super shiny hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment