Monday, February 25, 2013

Battle of the Rouge

It looks good on every skin color, with every eye color, and makes a bold statement without any words being spoken. What is it I am speaking of, red lipstick of course. I actually was afraid of red lipstick until about 6 months ago because of the wonderful things it brings with it; feathering, red teeth, too much color, etc. I picked up a Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick and instantly fell in love. The color is 01 and it is literally one of the best true reds for every skin tone.


Although I absolutely love the color and moisture level of this lipstick, it does not really hold true to the name that it carries, long lasting. Whenever I go out with this on I have to reapply it at every mirror check. It is very affordable at around $5.00, and easy to find at most drugstores and Ulta as well. 
When I decided that in certain situations staying power is the most important thing, I discovered the Kat Von D's Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in Hellbent.
Hellbent
Let me tell you this liquid lipstick/stain/gloss/ whatever you want to call it is the longest lasting color I have ever encountered. I have accidentally fallen asleep with it on and woken up the next morning with it perfectly intact. I am not sure whether that is a scary thing or whether to celebrate but the color is beautiful and if long lasting lipstick is what you're looking for this one takes the cake. I do have to say however, this is a matte finish, so it is very dry on your lips. It dries with an almost gold undertone which makes it a very nice color. If you add any type of lip moisturizer prior to using this it will not stay on your lips.

I totally recommend both of these lipsticks to the fullest extent, just choose which one based on what you're looking to achieve. 

The lipstick on the left is Rimmel's lipstick and the right one is a swatch of Kat Von D's.


No comments:

Post a Comment