Monday, February 25, 2013

Urban Decay Vice Palette



This review is a little late to the game, but hey it's better late than never. Let me just start by saying I have yet to find another brand of shadows as pigmented as Urban Decay. I personally prefer to buy the shadows in palettes because I love to have every color possible just in case. I mean you never know when you're going to need bright pink shadow. This is more of a going out color scheme compared to some other products on the market. A lot of the colors are absolutely gorgeous, and I personally bought the entire palette just for Provocateur because it is unlike any shimmer solid I have ever seen. The fallout of this particular shadow is terrible; it literally crumbles when you dip a brush into it and barely adheres to anything, even with primer on. If you can do it right it looks pretty, but not nearly as nice as in the actual palette itself. The palette comes with a total of 20 shadows, 17 of which are shimmers. 

From left to right: Desperation, Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Penny Lane, Junkie, Chaos, Occupy, Unhinged, Black Market.


From left to right: Laced, Freebird, Anonymous, Echobeach, Nevermind, Armor, Noise, Vice, Rapture, Provocateur.

As you can see from the swatches, the colors are beautiful and very pigmented, especially when paired with a shadow primer. Unhinged is an amazing teal that goes on smooth and stays on for a while. Muse is one of my favorite colors because it is a dark, rich, shimmery brown that can be layered to get a more intense effect. Noise, which is the bright fuchsia, is beautiful but for some crazy reason I have just not had the opportunity to wear it yet. I do not use Anonymous or Laced because both remind me of matte concealer colors aka boring. All in all this is a great palette, and for $65.00 it wasn't a bad buy, as long as you're into the shimmery foils.

No comments:

Post a Comment